A PILGRIMAGE to the HOLY LAND: April 26-May 12, 2017, led by Archpriest Peter Perekrestov
Services are conducted DAILY at the Cathedral:
Liturgy at 8:00 am, Vespers & Matins at 6:00 pm.
Subscribe to Mailing list
Please help support our Cathedral by clicking on the Donate button below. God Bless you!
- On the feast of the Translation of the Relics of St. Nicholas of Myra at Holy Virgin Cathedral, the 50th anniversary of the repose of the Blessed Metropolitan Anastassy (Gribanovsky), the second First Hierarch of the Russian Church Abroad, was solemnly marked. Special prayers for him were offered at the Liturgy and following the Molieben to St. Nicholas the cathedral Dean dedicated his homily to this great Hierarch of the Russian Church.
- On the Sunday of the Myrrhbearing Women the Holy Virgin Cathedral together with the Western American Diocese held the Paschal "Joy & Mercy" fundraising dinner. Thanks to the generosity and response of many kind people $20,000.00 was collected for the "Miloserdie" Foundation in Moscow. Thank you to all the donors, supporters and volunteers who made the fundraiser such a success!
- On the Day of the Holy Spirit the Divine Liturgy at Holy Virgin Cathedral was celebrated by His Grace Bishop Theodosy of Seattle and 8 priests. Besides the cathedral clergy the following served: Archimandrite Irenei (St. Tikhon's Church), Archpriest Vladimir Derugin (Protection Church in Palo Alto), Archpriest Vladimir Morozov (Krasnodar Diocese, ROC), Priest Ioann Comanescu (Protection Church in Palo Alto) and Priest Philipp Halliwell (Christ the Savior Church, OCA). At the Hours Bishop Theodosy tonsured Alexey Vitvitsky as reader, and following the Eucharistic Canon – Subdeacon Sergei Korneichuk to the diaconate.
- The Thanksgiving Service (Molieben) on the occasion of the completion of the school year at the Saints Cyril and Methody High School is scheduled for Saturday, June 6 at 10:00 am at the cathedral, followed by graduation ceremonies in the fellowship hall.
- This year marks the 70th anniversary of the bloody repatriation of the cossacks in Lientz (Austria) to the Soviet authorities. On Monday, June 8 at 7:30 pm a Panikhida will be served for these victims of both the Bolsheviks and representatives of Western Allies.
- Jubilee celebration on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the canonization of St. John of Kronstadt in Russia – "A Grateful Russia to the Great Pastor" – will take place in St. Petersburg, Kronstadt and the village of Sura in the Archangelsk District from June 10-15. It is anticipated that 250 clergymen form 19 countries will take part in this solemn event. The Western American Diocese and Holy Virgin Cathedral will be represented there by the cathedral Dean and Secretary of the WA Diocese, Archpriest Peter Perekrestov.