10th ANNUAL Pan-Orthodox Retreat at Holy Virgin Cathedral: SUNDAY, APRIL 2, 2017
Services are conducted DAILY at the Cathedral:
Liturgy at 8:00 am, Vespers & Matins at 6:00 pm.
Subscribe to Mailing list
Please help support our Cathedral by clicking on the Donate button below. God Bless you!
- This year on July 28 the Russian Orthodox Church marked the 1000th anniversary of the repose of the Enlightner of Rus, the Holy Great Prince Vladimir. Our parish will celebrate this anniversary together with our parish feast day on November 6.
- On June 25 a key member in the history of the Holy Virgin Cathedral, architect Oleg Miram, passed away in the North Bay at the age of 90. Mr. Miram designed the cathedral's chandelier, he was the engineer of the remodeling of the cathedral large hall building and reconstruction of St. John's sepulcher, as well as the architect of the parish parsonage at 475 26th Avenue. May his memory be eternal!
- Construction of a traffic signal at the corner of Geary Boulevard and 26th Avenue has finally been approved by the City. Construction is scheduled for the end of August.
- The Russian-American Women's League and cathedral sisterhood conducted a rummage sale on July 25-26. There will be a follow-up BLOW-OUT sale on August 8-9 with thousands of items at $1.00 or less. All proceeds will go for cathedral repairs.
- This summer all of the classrooms and small cathedral hall have been newly-painted. Next up: professional floor cleaning before the commencement of the new school year.
- Archpriest Peter Perekrestov extends his gratitude to all the kind parishioners that joined in to greet him and present him with a gift on the occasion of his names day and 35th anniversary of his ordination to the priesthood – THANK YOU!