Cathedral news, November 30
- The painting of the cathedral's western wall was completed in time for our parish feast day and the northern side a few weeks later. Presently the eastern wall is being painted and scaffolding is still up on the domes. Engineers and the Parish Council will make a decision regarding the dome repairs and cross restoration pending a few tests.
- The Taste of Russia Parish Festival brought in around $17,000. Thanks to the efforts of Helen Nowak $9,000 of this sum came from advertisers. A special thank you to Helen!
- On Tuesday, November 10, the 40th day of Protodeacon Nicholas Triantafillidis' repose, Archbishop Kyrill, ten priests and two deacons blessed his gravesite monument at the Serbian Cemetery and served a Panikhida. In the evening Bishop Theodosy and cathedral clergy served a Panikhida at the cathedral.
- On Saturday, November 21, the Feast of Archangel Michael, a Panikhida was served for the Ever-memorable Metropolitan Philaret (Voznesensky) on the occasion of the 35th anniversary of his repose.
- A special thanks to Andrei Grokhotov of AGConstruction, Paul Lysenko, Ariadna John, Daniel Dubinsky of MaxBuilders and Sergei Krasilovsky for their help with construction projects in the altar and vestries of the cathedral for the Holy Virgin Cathedral's 50th anniversary – thank-you!