The Labors of the Cathedral Clergy, Choirs, Council Members and Sisterhood Acknowledged at 50th Celebration
[December 10, 2015] The labors of the Cathedral clergy, choirs, parish council members, sisterhood and individuals were gratefully acknowledged following the Holy Virgin Cathedral feast day Liturgy on November 6.
- The cathedral Dean received a blessing to wear the mitre; Archbishop Kyrill blessed Archpriest Serge Kotar and Archdeacon Ambrose with icons; Priest Sergey Kiryukhin was awarded the purple skufia; Deacon George Chrebtow was elevated to the rank of Protodeacon; Deacon Andrei Garine and Hierodeacon Peter received the double orarion.
- The cathedral warden, N. Buick, the treasurer V. Troyan and parish council member G. Triantafillidis were bestowed the St. John medal (III degree).
- Synodal Citations (Gramotas) were given to the cathedral Sisterhood and both cathedral choirs.
- Diocesan Citations were received by P. Lysenko, V. Ershov and T. Remizova.
- Parish council member G. Schiller was blessed with an icon.