This year ST. JOHN's FEASTDAY will be celebrated on Saturday, July 1 – mark your calendars!
Services are conducted DAILY at the Cathedral:
Liturgy at 8:00 am, Vespers & Matins at 6:00 pm.
Subscribe to Mailing list
Please help support our Cathedral by clicking on the Donate button below. God Bless you!
Cathedral News, August 31
- The Taste of Russia has been announced: Sunday, October 11, 11:00 am - 6:00 pm. Mark your calendars, invite your friends, support the parish! There will be one Liturgy that Sunday, at 9:00 am.
- Protodeacon Nicholas Triantaffilidis' health is not doing well. We ask for your fervent prayers for Fr. Nicholas, Nadia and their family.
- The school year for both schools under the auspices of Holy Virgin Cathedral begins in September: Saints Kyrill and Methody High School on September 12 and St. John of San Francisco Academy on September 1.
- Three new hand carved analogions (stands for icons), including one specifically for children, have arrived from Russia and have been placed in the cathedral. This is a gift from an Orthodox man in Moscow who has great reverence for St. John – thank you!
- In preparation for the Holy Virgin Cathedral's 50th anniversary, the entry stairs and iron gates have been painted. Major roof repairs and painting of the whole church are slated for September-October.
- The Holy Virgin Cathedral Sisterhood now has a new room for storage and it's needs, next to the kitchen (previously a classroom). A larger classroom in the big hall building has been divided into two small classrooms.
- In August the ladies room upgrade has been completed.
- The Benevolent Fund of St. John of Shanghai & San Francisco will be holding it's annual fundraising luncheon in the big cathedral hall on Sunday, September 13. The Fund helps needy monasteries, communities and individuals all over the world, please support this fundraiser.